How-to add a user with Read-only Guest Access to Google Analytics
How to add read-only access to Google analytics? This page shows you the step-by-step guide for adding read-only access to Google Analytics:
Google Analytics has grown to become a powerful web analytics tool for traffic measurement, audience segmentation, e-Commerce tracking, and mobile analytics. Millions of businesses, large and small, rely on Google Analytics to understand customer preferences and create better experiences for them. There are many situations that you may want to provide someone “read-only” access to your Google Analytics data, such as collaborating with vendors, partners, consultants, etc.
For those situations where “read-only” access needs to be applied, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Log into your Google Analytics account
- Click the Admin Gear in Bottom Left of screen
- Under Account Column, click Account Access Management:
- Click + Plus Sign in top right corner, then Add users:
- Enter email address of user – user must have a google account (you don’t need a Gmail to create a Google Account)
- Choose desired permissions for user, “Read & Analyze” is the Read-Only permission. Also have the option to toggle whether to notify user by email
- Click Add in top right corner, you are done!